HASSRA provides opportunities for staff working for the Departments of Health, Work & Pensions, the Food Standards Agency and their Executive Agencies, including those who have retired and those employed by private contractors working on Departmental business, to take part in a vast array of sporting, recreational and cultural activities.
HASSRA is run by many hundreds of committed volunteers (supported by a small central team of full-time staff). These include:
- Members of the National Board of Management and its sub-committees
- Members of regional management committees
- National Team Managers
- Event Organisers – Regional, Inter-Association & Inter-Regional
- Local/Single Activity Club Officials and Committee members
- Local organisers.
Other roles include (but are not limited to):
- Volunteer Team at annual HASSRA Festivals
- Sports officials e.g. umpires and referees
- Coaches and Team Managers
- Editors or journalists for regional magazines or newsletters
- Regional Web Publishers