Organising an event
Committee members will be responsible for organising and delivering events to the members on behalf of the local club, this can vary from office draws to trips abroad. Regardless of the event, the procedures to follow will remain the same. The role of the organiser is to ensure:
- that events are organised and run in accordance with HASSRA guidance;
- the event meets the needs of the participants;
- events are fully and appropriately publicised to all the local club membership;
- there is a point of contact who will handle enquiries from members;
- where necessary, feedback is obtained and provided for the Regional Committee and HASSRA; and
- events are well attended, represent value for money, and so continue to be a worthwhile part of the programme.