It is recommended that every region will have a communication lead and a communication sub group within the regional BOM/COM.
It is recommended Regions agree a communication strategy. This will enable the sub-group to plan ahead and prepare in advance.
Included in the communication strategy regions should consider using the following:
- Social media
- E-mail shots
The National HASSRA team will assist the communications by doing the following:
- sending out national communications. These will typically be about membership benefits, national events and national competitions. These could be sent through the club network or via the on-line shop
- providing the communications sub-group with an up to date regional contact list for clubs
- updating the regional contact list after club AGMs and as and when changes are notified to the national team
- providing on-line training materials for volunteers who update the DWP website
- providing advice to regions as necessary and emergency support
Regional E-Mail Boxes
Each region should have its own email box, monitored by BOM/COM members. This can be used when organising events, trips or competitions. Regions will be able to monitor and respond to queries and store relevant information.If the region receives an email in the regional box that relates to a national query, this should be forwarded to the national e-mail helpdesk. Any emails received by the national e-mail helpdesk that are about regional activities etc. will be forwarded to the regional box.