IDOR 2019 – Get on Board with HASSRA!
2018 was another good year for both HASSRA boats with the mix of experienced, novice and first timers really working well together.
It is a great event and a fantastic experience, so why not consider taking part this year - Sunday 9 to Friday 14 June - see details below of what's involved but for more information. You can submit the attached Expression of Interest by email to our Sailing Team Manager, Debbie Edyveane.
HASSRA crew members of all abilities take part racing from Cowes on the Isle of Wight, with yachts chartered from Fairview Sailing at Port Hamble Marina, near Southampton.
It’s a week–long programme of inshore and offshore races, providing a fantastic opportunity to enjoy some exciting sailing and competitive racing.
First-time applications are particularly welcomed and any novices who are selected will receive instruction and guidance from the more experienced crew members.
Accommodation is on board the yachts so you will need your own sleeping bag, pillow, etc.
HASSRA will pay for the hire of the boat, plus all breakfasts and lunches.
You will need to pay for:
- your evening meals
- wet weather gear (costing around £35 to hire)
- sailing gloves (which you will need to purchase)
Please note: Sea boots are no longer available to hire from Fairview Sailing.
- Please let us know, in confidence, if you have any health or mobility problems
- Annual leave must be agreed in advance with your line-manager (where applicable)
- You must be a member of both HASSRA and CSSC to take part in this event
- Applications required ASAP but no later than 15 March 2019