Who Can Join?
Membership of HASSRA is open to all staff working in or retired from:
the Department of Health & Social Care, or
- the Department for Work and Pensions, or
- the Food Standards Agency, or
- these organisations’ executive agencies and related bodies.
Staff employed by private contractors working on departmental business may also apply.
If you do not qualify under the above categories, you can apply to join the HASSRA National Associate Membership Scheme (NAMS) which is open to:
- Previous employees of Department of Health & Social Care (DH), Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), Food Standards Agency FSA), or any of these organisations’ Executive Agencies, Arms-Length Bodies [ALB] or qualifying contractors.
- DH/DWP staff on unpaid leave i.e. Career Break, Carer’s Leave, Maternity Leave or SLWOP
- Current employees of a DH ALB where payroll deductions cannot be taken
- Current agency employees with any of our qualifying employers/contactors where payroll deductions cannot be taken
- Employees of any organisation who are co-located with staff from any of the qualifying employment groups mentioned above
For eligibility criteria and to apply for NAMS membership and/or Lottery go to National Associate Membership Scheme.
How much does it cost?
At just £2.24 per month HASSRA provides excellent value for money and offers exactly the same membership benefits for both ordinary and national associate members. The monthly subscription is deductible from your salary or civil service pension, or payable 12 months in advance if you belong to the HASSRA National Associate Membership Scheme.
What do I have to do to join?
It couldn’t be easier. Membership applications and new and replacement membership cards are just a click away.
If you work for DWP select here.
Make sure that you select the correct ‘Submit Form’ button when returning your completed application.